📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,192,642 مقال 410 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 9,062 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ ثانيتين

Operation Sindoor, Wagah-Attari shut: How 150 Pakistani-Sindhi brides reached India amid strained ties

سياسة
Hindustan Times
2026/08/23 - 16:48 501 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

E-PaperSubscribeSubscribeEnjoy unlimited accessSubscribe Now!

Get features like Over 150 brides from Pakistan, who were engaged to men in India but could not travel to the nation after the closure of Wagah border last year following the Pahalgam terror attack, h...

Border Security Force personnel perform during the Beating Retreat ceremony on the eve of the 80th Independence Day, at the Attari-Wagah Border, in Amritsar, Punjab.

هذا الخبر من Hindustan Times. خبر يقدم أدوات ذكاء اصطناعي للتلخيص والترجمة والاستماع.

E-PaperSubscribeSubscribeEnjoy unlimited accessSubscribe Now! Get features like Over 150 brides from Pakistan, who were engaged to men in India but could not travel to the nation after the closure of Wagah border last year following the Pahalgam terror attack, have reportedly reached India. Border Security Force personnel perform during the Beating Retreat ceremony on the eve of the 80th Independence Day, at the Attari-Wagah Border, in Amritsar, Punjab. (Photo for representation) (PTI)The Attari-Wagah route for years had allowed families from Pakistan's Sindh province to marry their daughters in India. However, that changed after the Indian armed forces launched Operation Sindoor on May 7 last year following the April 22 Pahalgam terror attack left 26 people dead. As part of diplomatic measures against Islamabad, New Delhi had restricted visas and shut the border routes for Pakistani visitors. As a result, weddings of at least 150 Pakistani-Sindhi women were put on hold. They had been engaged to men in India and were waiting to settle down in their marital homes. Also read: 'Zameen, aasmaan, paatal, jahan bhi ho': Doval recalls PM Modi's Operation Sindoor order But their long wait has ended as the Centre issued visas to the Sindhi women and their relatives to visit India for the weddings. "The long wait is over, finally," Rajesh Jhambia, a community leader from Nagpur, was quoted as saying by news agency PTI. He added that the brides and their kin have arrived in India through transit routes via Muscat, Dubai, Sri Lanka and other countries, adding that members of the Sindhi community used to visit India through the Wagah-Attari border in Punjab for such weddings. "Everything changed after Operation Sindoor, as the government rejected visas to all those who were planning to visit the country via the Attari route," he was quoted as saying. Also read: 'Pakistan asked for ceasefire, we kept them waiting': Ex-defence chief Anil Chauhan recalls Operation Sindoor As the borders were shut and cast uncertainty over fate of the brides-to-be, Jhambia said the organisation approached the Raipur-based Sant Yudhishtirlal Shadaani, the spiritual head of Shadaani Darbar, a prominent Hindu religious shrine in Ghotki in Pakistan's Sindh province. He said the Shadaani Darbar prepared a list of Pakistani women who were engaged to men in India. "There were about 150 brides who were to be married in Nagpur, Raipur, Jodhpur, Pune and other cities in India," he said. The temple contacted the Ministry of Home Affairs with the list and urged the authorities to facilitate visas for these brides and their families to enable them to travel to India. But the MHA set a condition. The visitors could travel to India but they would have to travel by air. "Since April this year, 150 brides and their families from Pakistan have travelled to India via Dubai, Oman, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and other countries for the weddings. These include 15 cases from Nagpur," he said. Jhambia said there are nearly 300 more such women in Pakistan waiting and that they have requested the Indian government to issue visas to them as well. Sana started her career in 2018 with News18 and later moved to BoomLive. In the meantime, she thought it was a good idea to share what she learnt, hence took up part-time teaching of journalism course at Jamia Millia Islamia, which she says, she thoroughly enjoyed-not sure if the feeling was mutual. For a year, she also tried her hands at communication roles, only to realise she was more comfortable with news. So, joined HT in September 2025. Not much of a talker, always up for chai and sarcasm. And pun always intended. Her tag line is 'I will figure out, but I need to panic first'Read More
المصدر: Hindustan Times | Source: Hindustan Times

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة Hindustan Times. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by Hindustan Times. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن سياسة | More on Politics

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم سياسة. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: Hindustan Times. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of Politics. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: Hindustan Times. Tags: Operation Sindoor, Pakistani brides, India, strained ties.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free