📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,170,818 مقال 410 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 10,275 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ 0 ثانية

Meghan ‘could return to acting once in UK’

العالم
Metro UK
2026/08/21 - 11:29 501 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

The Duchess of Sussex is said to be ‘very excited’ about a new acting project (Picture: AP) The Duchess of Sussex could make a return to acting after moving back to the UK, according to new reports.

Earlier this week, it was revealed that Meghan and Prince Harry will live in a non-royal residence outside of London, having already enrolled Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet in British schools.

Now, sources close to the pair have not denied claims that Meghan has been offered a role in an upcoming British production.

هذا الخبر من Metro UK. خبر يقدم أدوات ذكاء اصطناعي للتلخيص والترجمة والاستماع.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, arrive at the Australian National Veterans Arts Museum (Anvam) in Southbank, Melbourne, Australia, Tuesday, April 14, 2026. (Jonathan Brady/Pool Photo via AP)
The Duchess of Sussex is said to be ‘very excited’ about a new acting project (Picture: AP)

The Duchess of Sussex could make a return to acting after moving back to the UK, according to new reports.

Earlier this week, it was revealed that Meghan and Prince Harry will live in a non-royal residence outside of London, having already enrolled Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet in British schools.

Now, sources close to the pair have not denied claims that Meghan has been offered a role in an upcoming British production.

Australian outlet news.com.au first reported that one of the reasons behind the couple’s decision to return to Britain was because Meghan had been offered a part in a ‘top secret’ project.

While no details have been revealed about the alleged role, Meghan is reportedly ‘very excited’ about the project.

Entertainment reporter Bronte Coy told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that the supposed job was a ‘key part of the puzzle’ behind their decision to move back.

SUITS --
Meghan’s biggest role was as Rachel Zane in Suits (Picture: Shane Mahood/USA Network/NBCU Photo Bank/NBCUniversal via Getty Images)
Invictus Games Düsseldorf 2023 - Closing Ceremony
Prince Harry and Meghan will be moving back to the UK this year (Picture: Chris Jackson/Getty Images for the Invictus Games Foundation)

‘I’m told it’s significant, and she’s very excited about it,’ Coy said.

It is also being rumoured that we ‘will find out relatively soon’.

Prior to her relationship with Harry, Meghan was best known for playing Rachel Zane in the US legal drama Suits, appearing in the series for seven seasons before her final episode aired in 2018.

After marrying Prince Harry, she stepped away from acting, describing the decision at the time as the start of a ‘new chapter’.

However, the 45-year-old – who will continue to run her brand As Ever from the UK – recently made a cameo as herself in the upcoming comedy Close Personal Friends, starring Lily Collins and Brie Larson.

Meghan’s expected return to acting also seems to be piquing the interest of directors and producers, according to a leading talent manager.

Professor Jonathan Shalit, chairman of InterTalent Rights Group, told PA: ‘If she wants to return to acting, I have absolutely no doubt there would be interest in her.

‘Suits has had an extraordinary life beyond its original run. It continues to be discovered and rediscovered through streaming and repeats, so there is already an audience who know Meghan as an actress rather than simply as the Duchess of Sussex.

BGUK_3662426 - London, UNITED KINGDOM Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, and Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, attend a Reception for Young People at the Residence of the British High Commissioner in Cape Town, South Africa, on the 24th September 2019. Picture by James Whatling **STRICTLY NO UK SALES FOR 28 DAYS** Pictured: Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex BACKGRID UK 24 SEPTEMBER 2019 BYLINE MUST READ: Zak Hussein / BACKGRID UK: +44 208 344 2007 / uksales@backgrid.com USA: +1 310 798 9111 / usasales@backgrid.com *Pictures Containing Children Please Pixelate Face Prior To Publication*
Questions about the couple’s finances remain unanswered as they prepare to return to the UK (Picture: Zak Hussein/Backgrid)
TOPSHOT-NIGERIA-BRITAIN-ROYALS-INVICTUS-GAMES
After marrying Harry, Meghan stepped away from acting (Picture: AFP/Getty)

‘Had she not married Harry, I think it is perfectly reasonable to assume that Suits would have been a very strong platform from which to pursue other major television and film roles.

‘If Meghan decided tomorrow that she seriously wanted to act again, directors and producers would absolutely want to meet her and audition her.

‘Would she automatically be handed every role she wanted? Of course not. Nobody is. But would doors open? Absolutely.’

This comes after questions have been raised over the Sussexes’ finances and whether taxpayers will foot the bill for their security.

Prime Minister Andy Burnham recently said the funding was a ‘private matter’.

The move follows a visit to the UK in July, when Harry, Meghan and their children met King Charles at his Highgrove home in Gloucestershire.

It was the first time the King had seen his grandchildren in person in more than four years, and the first time Harry and Meghan had visited the UK together since 2022.

المصدر: Metro UK | Source: Metro UK

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة Metro UK. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by Metro UK. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن العالم | More on World

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم العالم. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: Metro UK. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of World. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: Metro UK.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free