📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,128,445 مقال 408 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 3,723 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ ثانيتين

Double killer Simon Levy 'stabbed prison guard in neck with pen then grabbed him by the throat'

العالم
Daily Mail
2026/08/17 - 11:00 503 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

By REBECCA CAMBER, CRIME AND SECURITY EDITOR Published: 12:00, 17 August 2026 | Updated: 12:01, 17 August 2026 Double killer Simon Levy strangled a prison guard and stabbed him with a pen while he was...

The 41-year-old sexual predator, who murdered two women, raped and almost killed a third while he was on bail for multiple sex attacks, is now facing new charges of strangulation and assault.

Details emerged for the first time today after Levy was sentenced last week to a whole life term for the murders of Carmenza Valencia-Trujillo, 53, Sheryl Wilkins, 39, and the near-fatal suffocation a...

هذا الخبر من Daily Mail. خبر يقدم أدوات ذكاء اصطناعي للتلخيص والترجمة والاستماع.

By REBECCA CAMBER, CRIME AND SECURITY EDITOR Published: 12:00, 17 August 2026 | Updated: 12:01, 17 August 2026 Double killer Simon Levy strangled a prison guard and stabbed him with a pen while he was awaiting trial for murder, a court heard today. The 41-year-old sexual predator, who murdered two women, raped and almost killed a third while he was on bail for multiple sex attacks, is now facing new charges of strangulation and assault. Details emerged for the first time today after Levy was sentenced last week to a whole life term for the murders of Carmenza Valencia-Trujillo, 53, Sheryl Wilkins, 39, and the near-fatal suffocation and rape of a third woman last year. Westminster Magistrates‘ Court heard that the partially blind murderer leapt on a male prison officer during a meeting in Belmarsh Prison on February 18 this year. He is accused of stabbing the guard a number of times with the ‘weapon’ towards his neck and in the arm. Prosecutor David Burns told the court: ‘He attacked him, stabbing him with a pen multiple times to the arm and towards the neck.’ When the officer fell to the floor during the alleged assault, Levy is said to have grabbed his throat. The prosecutor went on: ‘He got hold of him around the throat and he felt his grip tighten around his throat. Westminster Magistrates' Court heard that the partially blind murderer leapt on a male prison officer during a meeting in Belmarsh Prison on February 18 this year Levy was sentenced last week to a whole life term for two murders, including that of Sheryl Wilkins, 39, and the near-fatal suffocation and rape of a third woman last year The 41-year-old sexual predator murdered Carmenza Valencia-Trujillo, 53 ‘The attack is aggravated by the fact that this is an attack on a prison officer.’ But Jason Lartey, defending, said his client denied assaulting the officer in any way. Levy spoke during the hearing only to confirm his name, date of birth, and to enter not-guilty pleas. He appeared via videolink from prison for the brief hearing to deny charges of intentional strangulation and assaulting a person thereby occasioning them actual bodily harm. But deputy chief magistrate Tan Ikram appeared not to know about his history, asking Mr Lartey: ‘What is your client’s position? He is a serving prisoner isn’t he?’ The defence lawyer responded: ‘Yes judge, he was sentenced to a whole-life order on Wednesday.’ Last week Judge Mark Lucraft said the double killer had a ‘morbid fascination with sex, rape and crime‘ as he sentenced him to a whole-life tariff at the Old Bailey. Detectives believe Levy may have been carrying out daily attacks for years, escalating from groping women on the London Underground to rape, suffocation and eventually murder. Although he had convictions for sexual violence dating back to 2018, British Transport Police, the Metropolitan Police and magistrates all failed to appreciate the danger he posed, releasing Levy on bail four times leaving him free to daily stalk the transport network claiming countless victims. While on bail, he carried out at least six sexual assaults on the Tube. Levy raped and suffocated a sex worker leaving her for dead in January last year before going on to commit two murders months later. Police and prosecutors have apologised for failing to put him behind bars. The latest charges have been sent to Inner London Crown Court for trial, with a hearing set for September 14. Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.
المصدر: Daily Mail | Source: Daily Mail

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة Daily Mail. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by Daily Mail. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن العالم | More on World

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم العالم. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: Daily Mail. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of World. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: Daily Mail. Tags: crime, prison, attack.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free