📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,192,490 مقال 410 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 9,036 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ ثانية

US sanctions International Criminal Court’s president, official

سياسة
Express Tribune
2026/08/18 - 14:08 502 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

The US imposed sanctions Tuesday on International Criminal Court President Tomoko Akane and official Abdoulaye Seye.

Akane, a Japanese national who has served as ICC president since 2024, and Seye, a Senegalese national, were added to the Treasury Department’s Specially Designated Nationals (SDN) List, according to...

Both designations were made pursuant to Executive Order 14203, "Imposing Sanctions on the International Criminal Court," which US President Donald Trump signed on Feb.

هذا الخبر من Express Tribune. خبر يقدم أدوات ذكاء اصطناعي للتلخيص والترجمة والاستماع.

The US imposed sanctions Tuesday on International Criminal Court President Tomoko Akane and official Abdoulaye Seye. Akane, a Japanese national who has served as ICC president since 2024, and Seye, a Senegalese national, were added to the Treasury Department’s Specially Designated Nationals (SDN) List, according to the agency’s website. Both designations were made pursuant to Executive Order 14203, "Imposing Sanctions on the International Criminal Court," which US President Donald Trump signed on Feb. 6, 2025, and which has since been used to designate 10 ICC officials, including former Chief Prosecutor Karim Khan and eight judges. Read: Trump administration launches effort to isolate ICC The listing blocks any US assets held by Akane and Seye, and bars Americans and entities from engaging in transactions with them. The ICC condemned the move, saying in a statement that the measures undermined the rule of law. “When judicial actors are threatened for applying the law, it is the international legal order itself that is placed at risk,” the ICC said. The move comes as Washington intensified pressure on the court after it issued arrest warrants in November 2024 for Netanyahu and former Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant over alleged war crimes in Gaza. US Secretary of State Marco Rubio accused Akane and Seye of "directly" engaging in efforts by the ICC to "investigate, arrest, detain, or prosecute officials whose government has not consented to ICC jurisdiction." Last month, I launched a diplomatic campaign to dismantle the ICC’s threat to our national sovereignty. The Trump Administration is sanctioning ICC President Tomoko Akane and Senior Trial Lawyer Abdoulaye Seye in our unwavering mission to protect Americans from this sham of a… — Secretary Marco Rubio (@SecRubio) August 18, 2026 "Our whole of government campaign to dismantle the threat posed by the ICC to national sovereignty will be sweeping, and we expect more countries to join our campaign by ending their funding and participation in this politicized and unaccountable court," he added. The US State Department last month launched a campaign aimed at dismantling what the Trump administration has described as a threat by the ICC to "American sovereignty." Speaking at Camp David last month, Rubio said the ICC had "made themselves illegitimate" by claiming jurisdiction over countries that are not members of the court. The US and Israel are not parties to the ICC. Also Read: ICC judges sue Trump admin over sanctions Trump then said Rubio was seeking to "defend Bibi and various other people," a reference to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Akane, the ICC's sixth president and first Japanese national to hold the post, has repeatedly criticized the sanctions campaign since it began, telling the court's Assembly of States Parties in December that the measures would not alter how judges interpret their mandate. "We will never accept any kind of pressures from anyone on issues of interpretation of the statutory framework and adjudication of cases," Akane told the assembly, stressing that the court's "independence and impartiality are our polar stars and remain unaffected."
المصدر: Express Tribune | Source: Express Tribune

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة Express Tribune. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by Express Tribune. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن سياسة | More on Politics

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم سياسة. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: Express Tribune. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of Politics. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: Express Tribune. Tags: sanctions, International Criminal Court, US.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free