📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,133,319 مقال 410 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 3,974 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ 5 ثواني

Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua to SNUB Wembley and take place on a FRIDAY in New York to avoid clash with NFL: Date set with contracts signed as Britain's biggest fight goes abroad

رياضة
Daily Mail
2026/08/18 - 15:47 505 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua have signed contracts to fight on November 20 in New York City.

The match will be held at Madison Square Garden to avoid conflicts with NFL games.

An official announcement is expected soon at a notable British landmark.

By CHARLOTTE DALY, MULTIMEDIA CONTENT REPORTER Published: 15:42, 18 August 2026 | Updated: 16:47, 18 August 2026 Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury are understood to have signed contracts to fight on November 20 in New York City, bringing an end to years of negotiations over the biggest all-British heavyweight fight of the modern era. Fury took to social media on Tuesday morning to tease the announcement, telling his followers that the fight was on the verge of being publicised. He said: 'Big news being dropped very, very soon. A big fight on the horizon. It's the one you've all been waiting for. It's about to be announced imminently so stay tuned!'.  Daily Mail Sport understands that the final details were thrashed out at a meeting earlier this week, with the venue the main outstanding issue. It's believed plans are now being put in place for the official announcement, which is expected to take place at an 'iconic' British landmark at the start of next week.   Joshua and his promoter Eddie Hearn are understood to have continued pushing for the fight to take place in the UK, while Fury was also keen on a homecoming event. However, neither wanted the venue negotiations to jeopardise the fight itself. According to those familiar with the discussions, Alalshikh's position was that if the UK could make financial sense - and the figures could be demonstrated - then the fight could be staged there.  Ultimately, however, it's been said that the financial case could not be made, leading to the decision to take the fight to New York and the iconic Madison Square Garden - where Joshua previously suffered his shock defeat by Andy Ruiz Jr in June 2019. It is understood that Anthony Joshua (left) and Tyson Fury (right) have signed contracts to fight on November 20 in New York City   The fight is said to be taking in New York and the iconic Madison Square Garden - where Joshua previously suffered his shock defeat by Andy Ruiz Jr in June 2019 Turki Alalshikh (above), who is helping bankroll the fight, had left the door open to staging the event in Britain, but made it clear that the numbers had to work The fight is expected to take place on a Friday night, to avoid clashing with major American sporting events and maximise its exposure in the United States. However, it is not yet known whether the main event will take place at a time convenient for UK boxing fans.   The final pieces are now being put in place for the official announcement. The relevant parties are meeting in the coming days to organise the launch press conference, which is expected to take place before the end of August. Spencer Brown, Fury's manager, said several weeks ago that the announcement would be made at an iconic British landmark, adding that it would be 'like no announcement' fans have ever seen before and claiming they 'don't want to miss it'. Hearn has also previously told Daily Mail Sport that the announcement press conference would take place before the end of the month and would be timed around Joshua's return from holiday. The roots of Joshua-Fury go back to the beginning of the 2010s, when both men were establishing themselves as Britain's leading heavyweight prospects. Joshua won Olympic gold at London 2012 before turning professional, while Fury had already made his professional debut in 2008 and was building an unbeaten record of his own. For years, the prospect of the two eventually meeting was one of British boxing's biggest talking points. Anthony Joshua has his hand raised following victory over Kristian Prenga on July 25 However, result didn't come without drama as he was knocked down in the first 20 seconds Fury's victory over Wladimir Klitschko in 2015 transformed him into a world heavyweight champion, while Joshua was rapidly moving towards the same position. Joshua won the IBF heavyweight title by beating Charles Martin in 2016 and subsequently added the WBA and IBO belts. By 2017, the possibility of an undisputed Joshua-Fury fight had become a genuine objective rather than simply a dream matchup. But the negotiations repeatedly failed. The biggest opportunity came in 2021, when Joshua and Fury appeared to be moving towards a two-fight agreement. A deal was publicly discussed, but the proposed fight ultimately collapsed after Fury became obligated to face Deontay Wilder following an arbitration ruling. Fury subsequently fought Wilder for a third time, while Joshua moved towards his own defining bouts. Joshua then suffered back-to-back defeats against Oleksandr Usyk, losing his WBA, IBF and WBO titles in 2021 before being beaten again in their 2022 rematch. The sport then appeared to get another opportunity to make Joshua-Fury. In late 2022, negotiations accelerated dramatically, with both camps discussing a proposed fight in December.  Fury took on Mariusz Wach at the Max Muay Thai Stadium, Pattaya, Thailand on July 24 Fury emerged victorious and had been expected ringside for AJ's fight with Prenga A deal again failed to materialise. Fury instead moved on to other opponents, while Joshua continued his rebuilding process following the Usyk defeats. The arrival of Alalshikh and the expansion of major boxing events in Saudi Arabia created a new route to making the fight. Now, after years of failed negotiations and multiple points at which the fight appeared close before falling apart, the contracts have finally been signed. Joshua-Fury is no longer a fight being negotiated. November 20. Madison Square Garden.
المصدر: Daily Mail | Source: Daily Mail
💡 لماذا يهمك هذا | Why This Matters

Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua have signed contracts to fight on November 20 in New York City.

The match will be held at Madison Square Garden to avoid conflicts with NFL games.

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة Daily Mail. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by Daily Mail. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن رياضة | More on Sports

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم رياضة. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: Daily Mail. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of Sports. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: Daily Mail. Tags: Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua, boxing match.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free