📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,175,616 مقال 410 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 9,765 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ ثانية

Two teens seriously injured after sword attack on first day back at school

أخبار محلية
Metro UK
2026/08/21 - 17:50 502 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

A man with a sword attacked students on their first day back after the summer break (Picture: Fredrik Sandberg/TT News Agency/AFP via Getty Images) Two teenagers have been left with severe injuries...

The pupils had just returned to the Brinell High School in the small town of Fagersta, central Sweden, following their summer break.

A massive emergency response was triggered when a man armed with a sword entered this afternoon, with two boys seriously injured, while a third suffered wounds of which the extent is unknown.

هذا الخبر من Metro UK. خبر يقدم أدوات ذكاء اصطناعي للتلخيص والترجمة والاستماع.

Police special forces work at the scene where an attacker with a sword wounded several people at a high school in Fagersta, central Sweden on August 21, 2026. At least three were wounded after an attacker with a sword entered a high school in central Sweden, authorities said, while media reported the perpetrator had been shot by police.
A man with a sword attacked students on their first day back after the summer break (Picture: Fredrik Sandberg/TT News Agency/AFP via Getty Images)

Two teenagers have been left with severe injuries after being attacked by a man with a sword at a Swedish high school.

The pupils had just returned to the Brinell High School in the small town of Fagersta, central Sweden, following their summer break.

A massive emergency response was triggered when a man armed with a sword entered this afternoon, with two boys seriously injured, while a third suffered wounds of which the extent is unknown.

Police confirmed in a statement that the alarm was raised at 2.06pm about ‘suspected deadly violence’, and they immediately sent ‘all available resources’ to the school.

The spokesperson declined to confirm whether anyone had been killed but said that one person at the scene was later taken into custody and that there was no longer any danger to the public.

Local reports have further claimed that the suspect was shot in the leg by officers.

Police officers work at the site where several people were injured at a Swedish high school by a person armed with a sword, according to the officials of the Fagersta municipality, at Brinell School in Fagersta, central Sweden, August 21, 2026. REUTERS/Philip O???Connor
A huge emergency response was triggered (Picture: Reuters)

Public broadcaster SVT cited anonymous sources in their reports that the individual arrested was an 18-year-old former student who had a previous assault conviction.

He wore a helmet during the sword attack, and students recalled fleeing for their safety.

‘We just all ran,’ said Abdulrahem Salmo.

He added that he had seen one victim with a bloody stab wound to their arm.

‘Then people called the police, and we just all ran from there because we were afraid.’

Madelene Jansson, whose daughter goes to the school, also spoke to local newspaper Fagersta-posten outside, explaining that she was sent a text message by her child, saying ‘somebody had been stabbed, and the police were on their way’.

Members of the emergency services work at the scene where an attacker with a sword wounded several people at a high school in Fagersta, central Sweden on August 21, 2026. At least three were wounded after an attacker with a sword entered a high school in central Sweden, authorities said, while media reported the perpetrator had been shot by police.
Other schools and public buildings were put on lockdown (Picture: Fredrik Sandberg/TT News Agency/AFP via Getty Images)

‘Then it all just went off. It feels unreal,’ she told the paper.

Several police officers were seen coming in and out of a cordon surrounding Brinell, which has 450 students aged 16 to 20.

The incident triggered a mass lockdown, with measures implemented for eight other schools, which were later lifted.

Public buildings were also locked down in Fagersta, a town with a population of 13,000.

‘We are moving into high alert status to marshal our resources and gain the clearest possible picture of the situation,’ the Vastmanland county authority said in a statement.

The Swedish government has been liaising with the police force in the aftermath of the attack, with Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson urging people to allow the emergency services to work without disturbance.

‘Our thoughts are with all those affected,’ he added in an X post.

Social Democrat leader Magdalena Andersson also wrote: ‘All of Sweden stands together with Fagersta at this difficult time.’

The sword attack comes 18 months after the worst mass shooting in Swedish history.

A gunman opened fire at a school in Orebro, also in central Sweden, killing 10 people before shooting himself.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, check our news page.

المصدر: Metro UK | Source: Metro UK

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة Metro UK. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by Metro UK. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن أخبار محلية | More on Local News

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم أخبار محلية. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: Metro UK. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of Local News. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: Metro UK. Tags: school, violence, sword attack.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free