Two Romanian men and three boys aged 15 to 46 plead not guilty to repeatedly raping teenage girl over several days at a house in Kent
✨ AI Summary
🔊 جاري الاستماع
By OLIVIA CHRISTIE, NEWS REPORTER Published: 17:45, 22 May 2026 | Updated: 17:46, 22 May 2026 Two men and three boys have pleaded not guilty to charges relating to the rape of a teenage girl at a house in Kent. The alleged attacks occurred at a private address in Gravesend between March 22 and April 18 this year. The girl is said to have been repeatedly raped inside the property over a number of days. The five defendants appeared at Woolwich Crown Court today with the help of two Romanian interpreters. Each of them denied the charges as they were read out to them at the hearing. Ionut Dobre, 33, from Woolwich, has been charged with two counts of rape and one count of assault by penetration. Two 16-year-old boys, from Gravesend, who cannot be named for legal reasons, have both been charged with two counts of rape. A 15-year-old boy, also from Gravesend, has been charged with one count of rape. The five defendants appeared at Woolwich Crown Court (pictured) today with the help of two Romanian interpreters. File image Benone Inofte, 46, from Gravesend, has been charged with two counts of aiding and abetting a rape. Judge Daniel Dyal called for all future hearings to be held in person. He set a provisional trial date for October 19 this year. The trial is expected to last for four to six weeks. At a previous hearing on April 24, both men were remanded into custody whilst two of the boys were remanded into youth detention. The third boy was released into the care of the local authority. A spokesperson for Kent Police previously said: 'Five males have been charged by officers investigating a rape in Gravesend. 'On Tuesday, April 21, 2026, Kent Police received reports a teenage girl had been raped at a private property on Salisbury Road between March 25 and April 19. 'An investigation was launched and two men and three boys were arrested on Tuesday, April 21, and Wednesday, April 22. 'Ionut Dobre, 33, of Cleanthus Road, Woolwich, was charged with rape on Friday, April 24, alongside two 16-year-olds and a 15-year-old, all from Gravesend. 'Benone Inofte, 46, of Salisbury Road, Gravesend, was charged the same day with aiding and abetting a rape. 'They appeared at Medway Magistrates' Court on Friday, April 24, and will next appear at Woolwich Crown Court on May 22. 'Both men were remanded into custody whilst two of the boys were remanded into youth detention and the third was released into the care of the local authority.' Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.





