📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,126,316 مقال 408 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 3,521 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ ثانية

Trump orders major cut to US-South Korea drills as North Korea ramps up missile tests

سياسة
Fox News
2026/08/16 - 23:32 504 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

President Donald Trump ordered the Pentagon to scale back upcoming U.S.-South Korea military exercises on Sunday, arguing that the operations cost too much and send a hostile message to North Korean l...

war efforts to denuclearize Iran.Writing on Truth Social, Trump noted that while it was too late to cancel the drills entirely, he was dissatisfied with the longstanding military arrangement between W...

Trump has been President, has been unthreatening and respectful."In the same post, Trump linked his frustration over the military exercises to a separate diplomatic exchange regarding Iran."While some...

هذا الخبر من Fox News. خبر يقدم أدوات ذكاء اصطناعي للتلخيص والترجمة والاستماع.

President Donald Trump ordered the Pentagon to scale back upcoming U.S.-South Korea military exercises on Sunday, arguing that the operations cost too much and send a hostile message to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

At the same time, the president went on to criticize Seoul for declining to join U.S. war efforts to denuclearize Iran.

Writing on Truth Social, Trump noted that while it was too late to cancel the drills entirely, he was dissatisfied with the longstanding military arrangement between Washington and Seoul.

"Based on my very good relationship with Kim Jong Un, of North Korea, I am not happy with the fact that the United States has, long ago, agreed to participate in Joint Military Exercises with South Korea," Trump wrote.

NORTH KOREA LAUNCHES ANOTHER BALLISTIC MISSILE AS US, SOUTH KOREA PREPARE FOR MILITARY DRILLS

"These exercises are not only costly, with much of these costs paid for by the United States of America (as usual!), but send a signal that is totally inappropriate and hostile, to a Country that, as long as Donald J. Trump has been President, has been unthreatening and respectful."

In the same post, Trump linked his frustration over the military exercises to a separate diplomatic exchange regarding Iran.

"While somewhat unrelated (?), I recently asked the President of South Korea if they would like to join us in the Denuclearization of the Islamic Republic of Iran, and they said, ‘No thanks!’" Trump wrote, referring to Lee Jae Myung.

NORTH KOREA EXPERT WARNS US CAN 'NEVER TAKE THEIR EYE OFF' KIM JONG UN FOLLOWING MISSILE TEST DURING IRAN WAR

Trump’s directive came a day before what is known as the Ulchi Freedom Shield, an 11-day annual joint military exercise scheduled to begin Monday.

The routine maneuvers are to strengthen defense readiness across the Korean Peninsula, where about 28,500 U.S. service members are stationed as part of U.S. Forces Korea.

This year’s exercise is set to involve roughly 18,000 South Korean troops, a level similar to previous years.

Pyongyang, however, has consistently opposed the annual drills, with North Korea’s Foreign Ministry calling the exercise "a rehearsal for an aggressive war" last week in a statement carried by state media, Reuters reported.

Trump’s order to scale back operations also follows a fresh surge in weapons testing by Pyongyang, which conducted two ballistic missile launches within six days this month.

MOSCOW, KYIV ASSASSINS HUNT WEAPONS BOSSES AS UKRAINE WAR SPILLS BEYOND THE BATTLEFIELD

Following the most recent test on Aug. 12, U.S. Indo-Pacific Command said it was consulting closely with regional allies, adding that its assessment indicated the launch did not pose an immediate threat to U.S. personnel, territory or allies.

U.S. officials issued a smiliar response after the earlier launch on Aug. 6, saying Washington remained committed to defending the U.S. homeland and its regional allies.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy also warned that Pyongyang is using Russia’s invasion of Ukraine to test and refine its military hardware on active battlefields.

In a statement posted to social media, Zelenskyy said Moscow is preparing to deploy additional North Korean troops and has received additional North Korean ballistic missiles.

"For the first time in its history, Russia cannot wage war without reinforcements from North Korea," Zelenskyy said.

"North Korea’s ballistic missiles and other weapons are being improved through its collaboration with Russia," Zelenskyy said.

"The more North Korean strikes there are here in Ukraine, in Europe, the more their missiles and soldiers are used, the more they correct their shortcomings and blind spots, the greater the danger will later be for Japan, the Republic of Korea, the Philippines, and other countries in the region."

This is also not the first time Trump has scaled back joint exercises with South Korea.  During his first term as well, following his initial Singapore summit with Kim Jong-un, he called the "war games" "provocative" and expensive. 

المصدر: Fox News | Source: Fox News

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة Fox News. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by Fox News. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن سياسة | More on Politics

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم سياسة. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: Fox News. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of Politics. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: Fox News. Tags: welfare, foreign nationals, Reform Party.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free