📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,189,881 مقال 410 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 8,795 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ ثانية

Teenage A66 crash victim shared TikTok of police chase months before his death

العالم
Metro UK
2026/08/23 - 11:37 502 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video Up Next...

The early-morning crash near Middlesbrough resulted in seven deaths, including police officers PC Matthew Blades, 37, and PC Tom Clough, 38.

It happened when a Volkswagen Passat with five occupants drove the wrong way along the A-road, before colliding with a police car which was travelling in the correct direction.

هذا الخبر من Metro UK. خبر يقدم أدوات ذكاء اصطناعي للتلخيص والترجمة والاستماع.

Up Next

A teenager who died in yesterday’s A66 crash had previously posted TikTok videos that appeared to show himself in a car chase with police, it has emerged.

The early-morning crash near Middlesbrough resulted in seven deaths, including police officers PC Matthew Blades, 37, and PC Tom Clough, 38.

It happened when a Volkswagen Passat with five occupants drove the wrong way along the A-road, before colliding with a police car which was travelling in the correct direction.

One of the victims, 18-year-old Makai Saddington, had previously been involved in other police pursuits, videos on his TikTok account suggest.

A clip posted in May shows teenagers driving in an Audi at speed through a housing estate as a police car follows with blue lights flashing, according to the Sun.

Sign up for all of the latest stories

Start your day informed with Metro's News Updates newsletter or get Breaking News alerts the moment it happens.

The Audi leaves the road and drives over a grassy field in an apparent effort to shake off the pursuers.

Michael Ray, Theo Rae, Cole Worthy and Jakub Matusiak have been named locally as the other four teens who were killed in the crash on Saturday morning.

All seven victims were declared dead at the scene shortly before 4am.

Footage from doorbell cameras had earlier captured a car driving along a residential road at considerable speed, followed by three police cars.

The mother of Mr Saddington’s one-year-old son wrote on social media: ‘What am I supposed to do without ur daft phone calls and u torching me life’s so cruel’.

Makai Saddington posted on his Facebook site July 2nd 2025. Pic desk have been told by MOS deputy News editor, Jacob Dirnhuber that it is the boy wearing black. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61578118223547
An image of Makai Saddington posted on his Facebook page

Tributes have also been paid to the two police officers who died, with Prime Minister Andy Burnham saying he was ‘devastated’ by the news.

He wrote on X: ‘My thoughts are with the families and loved ones of everyone involved, and with everyone at Cleveland Police.

‘Thank you to the emergency services responding in incredibly difficult circumstances.

‘I would urge people to avoid speculation at this time.’

Shabana Mahmood, the home secretary, said Cleveland Police has her support as they work to ascertain the full details behind the incident.

The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) is now investigating the incident following a mandatory referral.

Director of Investigations Nicola Marfleet said: ‘This is a tragic incident, and my thoughts are with family and friends and all those affected, including the emergency services in attendance.

‘Our investigation is in the very early stages, we have sent investigators to the post incident procedures to begin reviewing evidence.’

A police cordon at the scene of a fatal crash involving a police car and a Volkswagen Passat on the A66 in South Bank, near Middlesbrough. An investigation has been launched into a crash which killed several people following a police pursuit in the early hours of Saturday morning, the police watchdog said. Picture date: Saturday August 22, 2026. PA Photo. Photo credit should read: Owen Humphreys/PA Wire
A police cordon at the scene of the fatal crash (Picture: Owen Humphreys/PA Wire)

In a statement yesterday, Chief Constable Victoria Fuller said: ‘This is an incredibly sad day for Cleveland.

‘This loss is being felt across our communities, by our police family, and by our partner agencies.

‘These were brave officers, protecting our communities and serving our residents who didn’t return home to their families at the end of their shift.’

Saturday’s crash came less than a week after a similar incident on Ireland’s M9 motorway in Co Kildare.

That crash resulted in the deaths of five teenagers who were driving a stolen BMW the wrong way along the road.

It collided with a car travelling in the right direction, carrying a family believed to be heading to Dublin Airport for a holiday. Three women and a seven-year-old boy were taken to hospital with serious injuries.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, check our news page.

المصدر: Metro UK | Source: Metro UK

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة Metro UK. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by Metro UK. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن العالم | More on World

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم العالم. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: Metro UK. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of World. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: Metro UK.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free