Sydney construction boss says he was poisoned by his own wife and feared a bikie hit was being arranged against him, court documents allege
✨ AI Summary
🔊 جاري الاستماع
By SARAH BROOKES - SENIOR REPORTER, AUSTRALIA Published: 07:11, 24 May 2026 | Updated: 07:13, 24 May 2026 A high-flying construction boss claims he was poisoned by his own wife and fears she even tried to hire a bikie to have him hurt, according to explosive court documents. Mario Evangelo, the boss of multi-million-dollar developer, has made the bombshell allegations to police, claiming he was left fighting for his life after being struck down by mystery illnesses following meals cooked by his then-wife, Janelle. Court documents allege the prominent businessman was rushed to hospital and resuscitated twice as doctors scrambled to work out what was wrong, amid fears he had been poisoned, reports The Daily Telegraph. The claims have prompted police to seek an apprehended violence order against Ms Evangelo. Ms Evangelo has not been charged with any crime and is expected to contest the allegations contained in the AVO application. According to documents tendered in the Downing Centre Local Court, Mr Evangelo claimed he repeatedly became 'unwell for extended periods' after eating meals prepared by the 60-year-old. He also alleged his wife would serve him different food to the rest of the family and warned him not to share it with their children. In February 2023, Mr Evangelo said his condition took a terrifying turn when he became gravely ill and was sent to hospital by his GP after showing signs of jaundice. Mario Evangelo (pictured right) claims he was left fighting for his life after eating meals cooked by his estranged wife Janelle (pictured left They now live separately, with Janelle Evangelo remaining in the couple's lavish $9.5million Crown Towers apartment in Sydney Police documents state the executive stopped breathing and had to be resuscitated by staff at St George Hospital, where doctors carried out urgent tests on his liver. He later told police he would mysteriously 'begin to feel better' whenever he was away from home on holidays or business trips. The dispute comes after a tumultuous on-again, off-again relationship stretching back to the 1990s, with the pair marrying and divorcing twice. They now live separately, with Ms Evangelo remaining in the couple's lavish $9.5million Crown Towers apartment. Court documents also include claims that Ms Evangelo attempted to hire a bikie to harm her estranged husband, allegations that have not been tested in court. 'Can you find someone to hurt Mario? I am willing to pay any price. I don't have any other choice,' police allege Ms Evangelo told the third party. 'Isn't Forrest Inn Hotel a hangout for the bikies?' In court last week, a police prosecutor asked for more time, telling Judge Susan Horan officers were preparing to lay charges over the claims. The case is set to return to court on July 22. Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.





