📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,130,909 مقال 408 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 3,959 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ ثانية

Relief as Australia survives its first potential Ebola scare

العالم
Daily Mail
2026/05/30 - 13:19 519 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

By MATT JONES, SENIOR NEWS REPORTER, AUSTRALIA Published: 14:19, 30 May 2026 | Updated: 14:19, 30 May 2026 Australia has survived an Ebola scare after a man was rushed to hospital with symptoms of the...

The man was sent to Monash Medical Centre on Tuesday before he was transported to Royal Melbourne Hospital after he had recently returned from Africa.

He was placed in a negative pressure ventilation room in intensive care and was discharged on Wednesday when tests revealed he did not have the infection.

هذا الخبر من Daily Mail. خبر يقدم أدوات ذكاء اصطناعي للتلخيص والترجمة والاستماع.

By MATT JONES, SENIOR NEWS REPORTER, AUSTRALIA Published: 14:19, 30 May 2026 | Updated: 14:19, 30 May 2026 Australia has survived an Ebola scare after a man was rushed to hospital with symptoms of the deadly virus. The man was sent to Monash Medical Centre on Tuesday before he was transported to Royal Melbourne Hospital after he had recently returned from Africa. He was placed in a negative pressure ventilation room in intensive care and was discharged on Wednesday when tests revealed he did not have the infection.  'Victoria's health system has clear, well‑established protocols to manage serious infectious diseases including rapid identification, isolation, testing, and specialist care when required,' Victoria's chief health officer Dr Caroline McElnay said. 'While the risk of Ebola disease in Victoria is low, it is a serious illness, and our health system has responded appropriately to a recent low-probability suspected case.' The man had been travelling near the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and Uganda, where a major Ebola outbreak is currently being fought. While the man was considered low risk, Australian authorities weren't taking any chances and followed strict infection prevention and control measures. Despite the low risk, Dr McElnay told The Age if there were an outbreak, it could cause devastating consequences. The current Ebola outbreak in Africa has claimed more than 220 lives in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda The man was taken to Royal Melbourne Hospital with symptoms after he recently returned from Africa 'It is a high-consequence disease, it's got a high mortality rate,' she said. In previous Ebola outbreaks, the virus killed more than half of those infected - many of whom died due to internal bleeding and organ failure. This week, the World Health Organisation said 223 people died from the virus during the outbreak in the DRC while there were more than 900 suspected cases. Experts are warning that there is no vaccine that can protect against the Ebola variant driving the outbreak - which means the virus will almost certainly continue to spread and kill. A life-saving jab already exists to protect against the most common form of Ebola - the Zaire variant. However, the current outbreak has been caused by a different strain, called Bundibugyo. Symptoms of the Ebola virus include fever, muscle and joint pain, headaches, vomiting, diarrhoea and abdominal pain. Patients will also have reduced kidney and liver functioning. The symptoms can emerge from two to 21 days after exposure. The World Health Organisation said 223 people died from the virus during the outbreak in Africa Ebola is rare and is transmitted through contact with infected bodily fluids. Ebola isn't the only disease that's worrying Australian health officials. The country is currently experiencing its largest and worst diphtheria outbreak since national records began in 1991, with more than 260 confirmed cases and one death. Roughly 94 per cent of infections have occurred among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Diphtheria chiefly affects the nose, throat, and tonsils or skin, releasing toxins that can damage organs and block airways. It is transmitted via respiratory droplets or direct contact with infected skin lesions, sores, or bodily fluids. No comments have so far been submitted. Why not be the first to send us your thoughts, or debate this issue live on our message boards. By posting your comment you agree to our house rules. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual We will automatically post your comment and a link to the news story to your Facebook timeline at the same time it is posted on MailOnline. To do this we will link your MailOnline account with your Facebook account. We’ll ask you to confirm this for your first post to Facebook. You can choose on each post whether you would like it to be posted to Facebook. Your details from Facebook will be used to provide you with tailored content, marketing and ads in line with our Privacy Policy.
المصدر: Daily Mail | Source: Daily Mail

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة Daily Mail. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by Daily Mail. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن العالم | More on World

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم العالم. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: Daily Mail. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of World. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: Daily Mail.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free