📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,192,421 مقال 410 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 9,028 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ 0 ثانية

Popular UK air show withdraws iconic display after life-threatening aerodrome plane crash

أخبار محلية
GB News
2026/08/23 - 16:23 506 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

A flying team due to make its debut at the renowned Clacton Airshow has withdrawn from next week’s event following a serious crash during an air display in Essex.The Turbulent Team had been scheduled...

TRENDING Stories Videos Your Say Essex Police were called shortly before 2.25pm following reports of an incident involving a light aircraft.

The sole occupant was taken to hospital in London with serious injuries.

هذا الخبر من GB News. خبر يقدم أدوات ذكاء اصطناعي للتلخيص والترجمة والاستماع.


A flying team due to make its debut at the renowned Clacton Airshow has withdrawn from next week’s event following a serious crash during an air display in Essex.

The Turbulent Team had been scheduled to appear at the 33rd Clacton Airshow, which takes place this coming Thursday and Friday, among the new additions to this year’s programme.


The display would have brought close-in formation flying using tiny Druine D.31 Turbulent aircraft.

The decision to pull out comes after a member of the team was seriously injured when one of its aircraft crashed during a display at Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome near Woodham Ferrers on August 16.



Essex Police were called shortly before 2.25pm following reports of an incident involving a light aircraft.

The sole occupant was taken to hospital in London with serious injuries.

The Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) was also made aware of the incident, and was due to carry out an initial assessment.

Organisers said the aircraft was damaged, and the airshow was brought to a halt while the aerodrome was closed to the public.


Clacton airshow



Jessica Bryan, Clacton Airshow Event Director and Tendring Council culture and visitor services manager, said the team’s withdrawal was understandable.

"Our thoughts are with the Turbulent Team following the incident at Stow Maries Aerodrome at the weekend, along with their family, friends and supporters,” she said.

"As previously announced, the Turbulent Team were due to be part of our flying line-up at this year’s Clacton Airshow, but understandably they have now withdrawn from the programme, and we wish them well.”

The change comes just days before Clacton’s 2026 show, which has become one of the biggest annual events on the Essex coast.

LATEST DEVELOPMENTS



The 2026 event is the 33rd Clacton Airshow, and organisers say last year’s show attracted an estimated 200,000 people over two days, and generated more than £12 million for the area.

Tendring District Council has committed to continuing the event annually through to at least 2027.

The airshow has developed from a long-running seaside tradition, into a major free to view spectacle featuring historic aircraft, military jets, aerobatic teams and evening displays.

In recent years, the programme has expanded to include twilight flying and firework performances alongside the daytime displays.




Despite the Turbulent Team’s withdrawal, organisers have continued to add attractions to this year’s programme.

The RAF Red Arrows are returning for both days, while the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight is also scheduled to appear during the year - marking the 90th anniversary of the Spitfire’s first flight.

A further highlight will be Spitfire MH434, built in 1943 and flown by celebrated test pilot Alex Henshaw, before entering service with 222 Squadron.




المصدر: GB News | Source: GB News

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة GB News. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by GB News. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن أخبار محلية | More on Local News

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم أخبار محلية. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: GB News. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of Local News. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: GB News. Tags: air show, plane crash, safety concerns.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free