📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,159,770 مقال 410 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 11,455 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ 0 ثانية

Notorious teen offender dead after stolen ute slams into tree as two teens fight for life

أخبار محلية
Daily Mail
2026/05/17 - 05:13 516 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

Published: 06:13, 17 May 2026 | Updated: 06:13, 17 May 2026 A notorious teen offender has died, while two other teenagers are fighting for their lives after the allegedly stolen ute they were travelli...

Police say an 18-year-old driver and his two 14-year-old male passengers were travelling along the Calder Highway at Woosang in rural Victoria at about 10am on Saturday when the vehicle, allegedly sto...

Emergency services attended the scene, about 100km northwest of Bendigo, and declared one of the passengers dead at the scene.

هذا الخبر من Daily Mail. خبر يقدم أدوات ذكاء اصطناعي للتلخيص والترجمة والاستماع.

Published: 06:13, 17 May 2026 | Updated: 06:13, 17 May 2026 A notorious teen offender has died, while two other teenagers are fighting for their lives after the allegedly stolen ute they were travelling in veered off a highway and crashed into a tree. Police say an 18-year-old driver and his two 14-year-old male passengers were travelling along the Calder Highway at Woosang in rural Victoria at about 10am on Saturday when the vehicle, allegedly stolen from Mildura overnight, left the road and crashed. Emergency services attended the scene, about 100km northwest of Bendigo, and declared one of the passengers dead at the scene. The 14-year-old who died was well known to police and had previously been granted bail for multiple offences. Detective Sergeant Ashley Pendrick said the two surviving teenagers were heavily trapped in the wreckage and had to be freed by rescue crews before being airlifted to hospital in a 'life threatening' condition. 'They were heavily trapped in the high impact crash,' he said. 'It took rescue workers some time to get them out of the vehicle.' Police were first alerted to the crash through the vehicle itself, and with no witnesses at the scene, little is known about what caused it. A notorious teen offender has died, while the driver and another passenger are fighting for their lives after the allegedly stolen car they were travelling in veered off a highway and crashed  'We're looking at everything. We will look at speed, we will look at the road conditions,' Detective Pendrick said. 'We will also look at the manner of driving.' Reflecting on the tragedy, the detective said crashes like this were a reminder for young people to 'know there's consequences for their actions'. 'When you look at incidents like this that are totally devastating, you just plead to those kids that they're not playing games, there's real consequences,' he said. Opposition shadow police minister Brad Battin criticised Jacinta Allan's Labor government hours after the crash, saying similar incidents were preventable if it took a tougher approach to youth crime. 'We need to fix the justice system,' he told the Herald Sun. 'Releasing young offenders for stealing cars and having unlimited bail not only leaves the community less safe, but we will see more young people die. 'What will it take for the premier to stand up and say enough is enough? Break bail, face jail. I am sick of a government who simply doesn't care.' Emergency services attended the scene, about 100km northwest of Bendigo, where one of the passengers was declared dead  An Allan government spokesperson hit back, accusing the opposition of using the tragedy to score political points.  'Our thoughts are with the young people's loved ones as they deal with the loss and injury caused by this senseless act,' he said. 'Politicising a teenager's death says everything you need to know about Jess Wilson, whose first instinct is to send out her conspiracy theory-peddling shadow. 'There are no easy solutions to youth crime, but community safety comes first, which is why we've introduced Adult Time for Violent Crime to deliver serious consequences for repeat offenders.' The new reforms mean children aged 14 and over now face the adult court system and can receive the same sentences as adults, including life imprisonment in certain cases. Police say the Calder Highway is expected to be closed for a significant amount of time. No comments have so far been submitted. Why not be the first to send us your thoughts, or debate this issue live on our message boards. By posting your comment you agree to our house rules. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual We will automatically post your comment and a link to the news story to your Facebook timeline at the same time it is posted on MailOnline. To do this we will link your MailOnline account with your Facebook account. We’ll ask you to confirm this for your first post to Facebook. You can choose on each post whether you would like it to be posted to Facebook. Your details from Facebook will be used to provide you with tailored content, marketing and ads in line with our Privacy Policy.
المصدر: Daily Mail | Source: Daily Mail

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة Daily Mail. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by Daily Mail. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن أخبار محلية | More on Local News

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم أخبار محلية. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: Daily Mail. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of Local News. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: Daily Mail.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free