A criminal investigation has been launched after a Jewish man was reportedly "attacked by a gang while speaking Hebrew" in Golders Green.
Officers from the Metropolitan Police have confirmed they were called in the early hours of Monday morning to reports a Jewish man had been assaulted by several men outside a property in the London suburb.
Scotland Yard has confirmed the assault is being treated as an antisemitic hate crime.
No arrests have been made in the incident, a spokesman for the force said.
A Met spokesman said: "Police were called at 2.05am on Monday, May 18, following reports that a Jewish man had been assaulted by a number of men outside a property on The Grove, NW11.
"Officers attended within six minutes and spoke to the victim, a man in his 20s, who later attended hospital with injuries to his face and back.
"The assault is being treated as an antisemitic hate crime. No arrests have been made at this stage and police enquiries continue.
"Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101, quoting CAD 542/18MAY."

More to follow...
LATEST DEVELOPMENTS
- King Charles meets victims of Golders Green stabbings as monarch shows support for Jewish community
- Terrorist incident declared after two people stabbed in Golders Green as knifeman seen 'chasing members of the Jewish community'
- Eyewitness shares 'scary' first-hand account of Golders Green stabbing attack with GB News
Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter





