📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,187,294 مقال 410 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 8,486 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ ثانية

Mayors to get powers to bulldoze through major housing developments under Andy Burnham devolution push

العالم
Daily Mail
2026/08/23 - 07:07 501 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

By JAMES TAPSFIELD, UK POLITICAL EDITOR Published: 08:05, 23 August 2026 | Updated: 08:07, 23 August 2026 Mayors are to get powers to bulldoze through major housing developments under Andy Burnham's d...

The local leaders will be able to overrule councils to green light significant building projects - or block them.

As well as 'calling in' decisions made by authorities, mayors will be allowed to grant upfront permission so developers do not even have to apply.

هذا الخبر من Daily Mail. خبر يقدم أدوات ذكاء اصطناعي للتلخيص والترجمة والاستماع.

By JAMES TAPSFIELD, UK POLITICAL EDITOR Published: 08:05, 23 August 2026 | Updated: 08:07, 23 August 2026 Mayors are to get powers to bulldoze through major housing developments under Andy Burnham's devolution push. The local leaders will be able to overrule councils to green light significant building projects - or block them.  As well as 'calling in' decisions made by authorities, mayors will be allowed to grant upfront permission so developers do not even have to apply. The move comes as Labour looks doomed to fall short of its manifesto pledge to build 1.5million homes in England over five years. However, fears have been raised that the objections of residents will be ignored.   The proposals will initially apply to developments of more than 150 homes, commercial spaces of more than 15,000 square metres or any building 30 metres or taller – roughly 10 storeys. Ten of the 14 devolved mayors have backed the move. Mayors are to get powers to bulldoze through major housing developments under Andy Burnham's (pictured) devolution push London Mayor Lord Khan was already given the powers earlier this year in an 'emergency measure' aimed at unblocking dozens of stalled sites to get thousands more affordable homes built in the capital. Mr Burnham acknowledged in an interview with the Sunday Times that the change removed power from councillors, MPs and local people. He said: 'Sometimes… challenge does need to be made to local decision-making, and actually it cuts both ways. 'It's not all about Nimbyism. Sometimes it's the other way round. 'It's a local authority putting forward something that's unacceptable in terms of the impact on the community… so it's a two-way street.' The decisions must be in line with planning rules, local plans set out for areas and the national policy. Ministers will retain a backstop power to intervene. Mayors will also get more of a say on how national housing funding from Homes England will be spent in their areas. And they will be able to charge a levy on development to fund major infrastructure. A consultation on the proposals is due to be unveiled soon. The Lib Dems said the move was a 'direct attack' that would silence residents. Gideon Amos, the party's housing and planning spokesperson, said: 'Taking powers away from communities and local councillors is taking powers away from local people. This plan is a direct attack on communities across the country. 'Labour's chaotic patchwork approach to devolution will simply not work to solve the housing crisis. 'Instead of silencing residents and handing mayors a blank cheque, the Government should be empowering local councils with the resources to deliver genuinely affordable homes alongside the infrastructure to support them.'
المصدر: Daily Mail | Source: Daily Mail

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة Daily Mail. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by Daily Mail. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن العالم | More on World

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم العالم. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: Daily Mail. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of World. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: Daily Mail.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free