🕐 --:--
-- --
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر
388158 مقال 248 مصدر نشط 79 قناة مباشرة 5419 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ ثانية

Major update after toddler put in a coma when he inhaled cake decorating dust

العالم
Daily Mail
2026/05/18 - 14:34 502 مشاهدة
By ASHLEY NICKEL, NEWS REPORTER, AUSTRALIA and MAISY RAE and MATT JONES, SENIOR NEWS REPORTER, AUSTRALIA Published: 15:34, 18 May 2026 | Updated: 15:48, 18 May 2026 A cake decorating powder linked to a freak incident that landed a Queensland toddler in a coma has officially been recalled. All five colours of the Creative Cake Decorating powder were recalled by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC). The recall is days after doctors have told the parents of 14-month-old Dusty Wildman that he still needs to be monitored for inflammation in his lungs, almost two weeks after he inhaled the cake decorating dust that blocked his airways. The product's colours include Rose Gold, Fiery Copper, Dior Gold, Platinum Silver and Champagne Gold. The powders have been on sale since 2019 and were sold at several major retailers, including Cakers Warehouse, Bake and Deco, Cakers Paradise and Cake Deco Supplies. While the powder isn't designed to be ingested, it was used to decorate removable food ornaments. It may contain copper and zinc which are toxic if ingested or inhaled. Dusty's ordeal started when Ms Robinson was baking a cake using a decorative gold dust powder at their home on the Gold Coast earlier this month.  Dusty got hold of the powder, opened the pot with his teeth and inhaled it, triggering a medical emergency. He is now breathing unaided and showing encouraging signs of recovery, playing and smiling The Creative Cake Decorating powders (above) have been officially recalled by the ACCC 'When the dust is mixed with water it turns to paste - so it immediately blocked Dusty's lungs,' Rochelle, a family friend said. ' 'He went unresponsive and she (mother Katie Robinson) called 000.' Dusty was rushed to Queensland Children's Hospital in Brisbane, where doctors acted quickly to save his life.  Doctors diagnosed the toddler with Chemical Pneumonitis, a serious condition caused by inhaling toxic substances. He then underwent emergency surgery to remove the powder from his lungs and was placed in an induced coma. Dusty's mother said last week that he is beginning to regain more strength, but his voice remains very raspy. 'Our beautiful boy is awake and alert, playing and smiling,' Ms Robinson said. 'This morning he had all breathing assistance taken out and is breathing completely on his own. He just has the feeding tube in while we try and get some food in orally.' His parents Katie Robinson and Chris Wildman are warning others to check their kitchen for 'non-edible dusts' Dusty Wildman inhaled the decorative gold dust powder and was put in a coma Dusty's family have now warned others to check their kitchens for 'non-edible dusts'. 'He was coughing and getting really distressed and then he sort of became a bit more unresponsive,' Ms Robinson said. 'His eyes were rolling in his head and he couldn't breathe properly. It was terrifying to watch. 'All these products look exactly the same and the fact that there are toxic, non-edible products sitting right next to edible products that do the same job, technically, is the problem.' The ACCC on Monday advised consumers to stop using the products immediately and contact the place of purchase for a full refund. Anyone who suspects they inhaled or ingested the powder was advised to call the Poisons Information Centre immediately on 13 11 26 for advice. No comments have so far been submitted. Why not be the first to send us your thoughts, or debate this issue live on our message boards. By posting your comment you agree to our house rules. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual We will automatically post your comment and a link to the news story to your Facebook timeline at the same time it is posted on MailOnline. To do this we will link your MailOnline account with your Facebook account. We’ll ask you to confirm this for your first post to Facebook. You can choose on each post whether you would like it to be posted to Facebook. Your details from Facebook will be used to provide you with tailored content, marketing and ads in line with our Privacy Policy.
مشاركة:

مقالات ذات صلة

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤