📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,168,215 مقال 410 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 10,755 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ 0 ثانية

Major blow for Australia's richest woman after two rival mining dynasties won parts of a bitter legal stoush over Gina Rinehart's multi-billion dollar iron ore empire

اقتصاد
Daily Mail
2026/04/15 - 14:51 521 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

By AARON BUNCH FOR AUSTRALIAN ASSOCIATED PRESS Published: 15:51, 15 April 2026 | Updated: 15:51, 15 April 2026 Australia's richest person, Gina Rinehart, could be made to share hundreds of millions of...

The battle pitted Rinehart's company, Hancock Prospecting, against the heirs of mining pioneer Peter Wright and engineer Don Rhodes amid allegations of decades-old contract breaches.

Justice Jennifer Smith handed down her more than 1600-page judgment in the West Australian Supreme Court in Perth on Wednesday.

هذا الخبر من Daily Mail. خبر يقدم أدوات ذكاء اصطناعي للتلخيص والترجمة والاستماع.

By AARON BUNCH FOR AUSTRALIAN ASSOCIATED PRESS Published: 15:51, 15 April 2026 | Updated: 15:51, 15 April 2026 Australia's richest person, Gina Rinehart, could be made to share hundreds of millions of dollars from her iron ore riches after two rival mining dynasties won parts of a bitter legal stoush with the billionaire. The battle pitted Rinehart's company, Hancock Prospecting, against the heirs of mining pioneer Peter Wright and engineer Don Rhodes amid allegations of decades-old contract breaches. Justice Jennifer Smith handed down her more than 1600-page judgment in the West Australian Supreme Court in Perth on Wednesday. Wright Prospecting and DFD Rhodes won some of their claims for spoils from the massive Rio Tinto-operated Hope Downs mining complex, in WA's ore-rich Pilbara region. Justice Smith found Hancock Prospecting would be required to pay royalties, interest and costs, which could be worth hundreds of millions of dollars. 'At the heart of the issues raised by the parties to the proceedings were a number of formal agreements made decades ago between men who were friends or colleagues,' the judge said. 'Who, for some years engaged in harmonious and co-operative arrangements to explore, discover and prospect for iron ore in the East Pilbara.' However, Justice Smith dismissed Wright Prospecting's claim for a half share of Hancock's iron ore deposits. Australia's richest person, Gina Rinehart (above), mining company will be required to pay royalties, interest and costs, which could be worth hundreds of millions of dollars Wright had demanded a stake in mined and unmined Hope Downs tenements and royalties amid a claim Hancock breached a 1980s partnership agreement. DFD Rhodes also claimed a royalty share of Hope Downs' production over an alleged deal with Rinehart's father Lang Hancock and Mr Wright that handed over tenements in the 1960s. The bruising encounter also drew in Rinehart's reclusive children, over a previous claim by John Hancock and Bianca Rinehart stating their grandfather left them a hefty share in the Pilbara mining resources he discovered in the 1950s. Justice Smith rejected the children's claim. Rio Tinto was also a party in the battle as the joint-venture partner in Hope Downs. Hancock Prospecting said the mining giant would have to pay some of the royalties following the decision. The royalty share payable to Wright and DFD Rhodes wasn't a significant issue, amounting to about $18 million per year, company executive director Jay Newby said. But when multiplied by the number of years Hope Downs had been operating, the figure skyrocketed. In a win for Rinehart, Justice Smith dismissed Wright Prospecting's claim for a half share of her company's iron ore deposits Hancock Prospecting rejected the Wright Prospecting and DFD Rhodes' claims during the trial, maintaining that it undertook all the work, bore the financial risk involved in the development and is the legitimate owner of the assets. Wright said the assets belonged to the enduring partnership. The result could trigger more costly legal fights, be it appeals against the judgment or to unravel the value of the royalty entitlement. The 51-day trial, with more than 4000 documents, featured sensational allegations against Rinehart - which have been vehemently denied - including that she devised an unlawful scheme to defraud her children. Rinehart inherited her father's iron ore discovery in the Pilbara region and forged a mining empire after he died in 1992. She developed mines from tenements at Hope Downs, signing a deal in 2005 with Rio Tinto, which has a 50 per cent stake in the project. The Hope Downs mining complex near Newman is one of Australia's largest and most successful iron ore projects, with multiple open-pit mines. Rinehart's wealth is estimated to be about $40 billion and she is the executive chair of Hancock Prospecting. No comments have so far been submitted. Why not be the first to send us your thoughts, or debate this issue live on our message boards. By posting your comment you agree to our house rules. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual We will automatically post your comment and a link to the news story to your Facebook timeline at the same time it is posted on MailOnline. To do this we will link your MailOnline account with your Facebook account. We’ll ask you to confirm this for your first post to Facebook. You can choose on each post whether you would like it to be posted to Facebook. Your details from Facebook will be used to provide you with tailored content, marketing and ads in line with our Privacy Policy.
المصدر: Daily Mail | Source: Daily Mail

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة Daily Mail. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by Daily Mail. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن اقتصاد | More on Economy

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم اقتصاد. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: Daily Mail. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of Economy. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: Daily Mail. Tags: mining, legal battle, Gina Rinehart.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free