📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,185,177 مقال 410 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 8,314 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ ثانية

How Odyssey and Spider-Man could ensure an Uncharted 5 video game – Reader’s Feature

العالم
Metro UK
2026/08/23 - 01:00 504 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

Fans are frustrated by the decade-long wait for a new Uncharted game and feel that Naughty Dog is slow to release sequels.

Despite the lack of new games, the 2022 Uncharted movie was profitable, hinting at potential interest in continuing the franchise.

The uncertain future of the film series may actually increase the importance of developing a new Uncharted game.

Uncharted 4 key art of Nate Drake
It’s been a long time since Uncharted 4 (Sony Interactive Entertainment)

A reader is frustrated that there hasn’t been a new Uncharted game in over a decade, but suggests the lack of a second movie could work in fans’ favour.

I’ve got a feeling that Sony execs probably hate Naughty Dog. The developer has made some of their most acclaimed and popular games but it’s pretty obvious they’re their own biggest fans and I can just imagine how much Sony execs and Naughty Dog developers hate talking to each other. Sony wants them to churn out sequels but Naughty Dog are so slow they haven’t produced a new game all generation.

Sony would love them to make The Last Of Us Part 3 but so far there’s no sign and at this point it’s obviously not going to be ready until the PlayStation 6. They wasted all their time with The Last Of Us Online and the completely pointless The Last Of Us Part 1 remake, and no we’re six years into the generation and they’ve got nothing to show for it. Intergalactic: The Heretic Prophet doesn’t even have a release year, let alone date.

Considering how few games Sony has had out in general this gen it doesn’t stand out as much as it might have but the fact is they’ve let all their franchises fade away and that includes Uncharted, which they straight up said they weren’t going to do anymore. Fair enough, I guess, but why has Sony still not found someone else to make the next game?

There’s been rumours that the team that did Days Gone were going to make a new Uncharted at one point, but they turned it down, and then other vague rumours about other developers being involved but nothing’s ever happened. Sony has never said or promised anything and it’s almost like they want people to forget the series.

What makes that especially weird is that the Uncharted movie in 2022 was a reasonable hit. It didn’t do amazing but it was definitely profitable, and Sony seemed interested in doing more. It wasn’t very good (I didn’t think) but I’m certain that’s not the reason we haven’t seen another one. Instead it’s presumably the fact that Tom Holland didn’t seem to enjoy doing it and only the application of large amounts of money was going to change his mind.

Expert, exclusive gaming analysis

Sign up to the GameCentral newsletter for a unique take on the week in gaming, alongside the latest reviews and more. Delivered to your inbox every Saturday morning.

That probably would’ve worked if they’d done it quickly but now that he’s been in the two biggest movies of the year (along with his wife, weirdly) there’s no way he’s going to do another Uncharted. The money’s small fry to him now and he didn’t like the role anyway, so you can bet he’s not coming back unless he desperately needs the money – which after this year he’s never going to.

So why do I think this is good news for the franchise? Because if Sony can’t count on the movie to keep the name alive then that makes a new game much more important. They could recast but that rarely seems to happen with these sort of movies nowadays and I think they’d figure that even if Tom Holland wasn’t the main appeal last time round everyone is going to miss him if he’s not in a new one.

No movie and no game means that Uncharted is in danger of no longer being a ‘valuable IP’ and that that’s like the worst thing that can ever happen to company nowadays, because everything must go on forever. In this case I would actually like more games though and I am willing to bet that because Tom Holland is now out of reach, and it doesn’t make sense to recast, that Sony is already working on a new Uncharted game.

I won’t be at Naughty Dog but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was quite far along. The only question is whether it’ll come out on PlayStation 5 or if they’ll hold it back for the PlayStation 6. The first step though is the official annoucement and I’m hoping that could even happen this year. Uncharted 4 is over 10 years old now and we are long overdue a new game, which I’d be much more interested in than a new movie anyway.

By reader Campbell

For Editorial Use Only Mandatory Credit: Photo by Clay Enos/Sony Pictures/Shutterstock (15202411d) Mark Wahlberg, Tom Holland,
The Uncharted movie was a fair sized hit (Credits: Clay Enos/Sony Pictures/Shutters)

The reader’s features do not necessarily represent the views of GameCentral or Metro.

You can submit your own 500 to 600-word reader feature at any time, which if used will be published in the next appropriate weekend slot.

Just contact us at gamecentral@metro.co.uk or use our Submit Stuff page and you won’t need to send an email.

المصدر: Metro UK | Source: Metro UK
💡 لماذا يهمك هذا | Why This Matters

Fans are frustrated by the decade-long wait for a new Uncharted game and feel that Naughty Dog is slow to release sequels.

Despite the lack of new games, the 2022 Uncharted movie was profitable, hinting at potential interest in continuing the franchise.

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة Metro UK. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by Metro UK. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن العالم | More on World

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم العالم. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: Metro UK. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of World. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: Metro UK.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free