📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,159,147 مقال 410 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 11,435 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ ثانيتين

FDA launches safety study for abortion pill mifepristone, source says

العالم
CBS News
2026/06/05 - 04:55 516 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

Politics FDA launches safety study for abortion pill mifepristone, source says By Michael Kaplan Michael Kaplan Reporter and Producer Michael Kaplan is an award-winning reporter and producer for the C...

He specializes in securing scoops and crafting long-form television investigations.

His work has appeared on "60 Minutes," CNN and in The New York Times.

هذا الخبر من CBS News. خبر يقدم أدوات ذكاء اصطناعي للتلخيص والترجمة والاستماع.

Politics FDA launches safety study for abortion pill mifepristone, source says By Michael Kaplan Michael Kaplan Reporter and Producer Michael Kaplan is an award-winning reporter and producer for the CBS News Investigative Unit. He specializes in securing scoops and crafting long-form television investigations. His work has appeared on "60 Minutes," CNN and in The New York Times. Read Full Bio Michael Kaplan June 5, 2026 / 12:55 AM EDT / CBS News Add CBS News on Google The Food and Drug Administration has launched a safety study of the abortion pill mifepristone, a senior FDA official confirmed to CBS News, a step that could pave the way for the Trump administration to restrict access to the medication. It will be a retrospective study of hundreds of thousands of cases, according to the official. The interim results of the study could be released in July, but the official noted the timing of the final results will depend on the design of a secondary analysis after the interim results come in. The Wall Street Journal was first to report on the launch of the study. Last September, Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr. wrote in a letter to several Republican state attorneys general that the FDA was reviewing the safety of mifepristone. At the time, Kennedy and then-FDA Commissioner Martin Makary wrote, "HHS — through the FDA — is conducting its own review of the evidence, including real-world outcomes and evidence, relating to the safety and efficacy of the drug."  The drug came under renewed scrutiny after the Biden administration issued a memorandum lifting restrictions that required the drug to be dispensed in-person and giving access to mifepristone via telehealth and by mail. Last year, the state of Louisiana filed a lawsuit challenging the FDA's decision to allow mifepristone to be delivered by mail. On May 4, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit temporarily reinstated the rule requiring mifepristone to only be dispensed in person. However, the following week, the Supreme Court set aside the lower court order and allowing, for now, mifepristone to continue to be delivered to patients through the mail while the Louisiana case plays out in the courts.   Mifepristone, which was first approved by the FDA in 2000 as a safe way to end early pregnancies, is typically taken with a second drug, misoprostol. Asked last year whether a review of mifepristone could lead to a ban, CBS News medical contributor Dr. Celine Gounder suggested it would be difficult for the FDA to withdraw approval, an extraordinary step that would quickly draw legal challenges.  However, Gounder said that depending on what the safety review finds, it could make access more difficult, limiting the drug's availability through telehealth or by mail, or restricting the ability to prescribe it to doctors, rather than physician assistants or nurses who are also currently able to prescribe it. Kathryn Watson and Melissa Quinn contributed to this report. In: Mifepristone Abortion Pill Food and Drug Administration © 2026 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.
المصدر: CBS News | Source: CBS News

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة CBS News. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by CBS News. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن العالم | More on World

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم العالم. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: CBS News. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of World. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: CBS News.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free