Estate agent dies after falling through attic while showing buyers around Spanish home
✨ AI Summary
🔊 جاري الاستماع
By SABRINA PENTY, FOREIGN NEWS REPORTER Published: 09:21, 19 May 2026 | Updated: 09:28, 19 May 2026 An estate agent has died after falling through an attic while showing buyers a property in Spain. The accident happened on Friday morning in the village of Chite, located in the scenic Lecrin Valley near Granada. The 55-year-old woman, a Dutch national, had been showing a house to potential buyers when she suddenly fell 6ft through the opening of an attic space, according to The Spanish Eye, an English-speaking local news outlet. Emergency services, including a medical helicopter, rushed to the scene at around 11am after receiving reports that a woman had been seriously injured. She was taken to the Neurotraumatology Hospital at Granada’s Virgen de las Nieves hospital complex, where she succumbed to her injuries. It is currently unclear how she fell through the attic. The woman, who had lived in the local area for several years and worked selling and buying homes mainly with foreign clients, has been described by those who knew her as 'very well loved'. She was buried over the weekend in the village of Restabal. Pictured: Emergency services at the scene of the incident It comes as a British tourist plunged to his death from a mountain viewpoint over the weekend in a Spanish city. The unnamed 38-year-old was pronounced dead at around 11am on Saturday after falling from the slopes of the 400ft Mount Urgull in the Basque city of San Sebastian. A passerby spotted the body and immediately dialled 112 to raise the alarm. First responders raced to the scene but were tragically unable to save him, and his body has since been sent to the Basque Institute of Legal Medicine for an autopsy. Police are now investigating the death of the Brit, and in their first official comments on the matter, confirmed they are not treating the incident as suspicious at this stage. The ongoing probe is being led by the Ertzaintza, the autonomous police force for the Basque Country, which is reporting to a local court. On Monday, a spokesman for the force, which said it wouldn't be confirming the man's nationality as part of normal protocol, said: 'Around 11am on Saturday, May 16, the Ertzaintza located the lifeless body of a 38-year-old man of European origin beneath the Baluarte Viewpoint on Mount Urgull in the city of San Sebastian. 'The Ertzaintza has opened an investigation to clarify the circumstances surrounding the discovery of the body. 'Pending the autopsy and forensic results, the Ertzaintza does not see any signs of criminal activity on the deceased's body.' It was not immediately clear if the dead man was holidaying in the area or lived in Spain. The Baluarte del Mirador, the local name given to the viewpoint from which the Brit plunged, was originally built in the 16th century as part of San Sebastian's defensive ring. No comments have so far been submitted. Why not be the first to send us your thoughts, or debate this issue live on our message boards. By posting your comment you agree to our house rules. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual We will automatically post your comment and a link to the news story to your Facebook timeline at the same time it is posted on MailOnline. To do this we will link your MailOnline account with your Facebook account. We’ll ask you to confirm this for your first post to Facebook. You can choose on each post whether you would like it to be posted to Facebook. Your details from Facebook will be used to provide you with tailored content, marketing and ads in line with our Privacy Policy.





