🕐 --:--
-- --
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر
393724 مقال 248 مصدر نشط 79 قناة مباشرة 3981 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ 0 ثانية

Driver of vehicle involved in fatal hit-and-run on Karachi’s Sea View road remains at large

العالم
Dawn
2026/05/19 - 18:19 503 مشاهدة

KARACHI: An individual involved in a fatal hit-and-run incident on a major Karachi thoroughfare remains on the run days after his vehicle hit another, killing one person and injuring two teenagers.

On Thursday, a video of the incident went viral on social media. It showed a speeding double-cabin vehicle ploughing into a small car on Karachi’s Abdul Sattar Edhi Avenue in the Defence Housing Authority (DHA) area. The double-cabin vehicle hit the other car with such force that it spun around multiple times before coming to a stop on the side of the busy road. The speeding vehicle did not stop, and the individual fled the scene.

South Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Syed Asad Raza told Dawn that Darakhshan police had lodged a first information report (FIR) against the absconding driver of the speeding SUV, and further legal proceedings were underway.

According to the FIR, seen by Dawn, at around 12:05am on May 14, 2026, a speeding Revo vehicle collided with a car at the crossing of main Sea View road and Khayaban-i-Bukhari in DHA Phase 6, Karachi.

As a result, three people travelling in the vehicle sustained serious injuries.

The injured were identified as driver Suleman Saleem, 33, Ameer Owais, 17, and Hamza Walika, 19.

All the injured were immediately shifted to the hospital for medical treatment; however, driver Saleem succumbed to his injuries during treatment, the FIR said.

DIG Asad further told Dawn that police had impounded the Revo vehicle involved in the accident, while the driver had fled the scene and was still at large.

Speaking on Geo News programme ‘Aaj Shahzeb Khanzada Kay Sath’, DIG Asad said police could not confirm reports that the suspect had fled to Balochistan.

However, he did confirm that the suspect had a domicile of Nasirabad, Balochistan, and had been identified by police through the Safe City Project.

The senior police official added that permission from the provincial government would be sought and the process would be launched to ensure his arrest.

“Raids are being conducted at various locations for the arrest of the suspect driver, who will be apprehended soon,” assured the senior police official.

Earlier, two police personnel were martyred on Monday when a speeding dumper truck crashed into a police van parked on the M9 Motorway within the limits of the Gadap City police station.

Three motorcyclists were also killed by hit-and-run drivers last week in the DHA and Gulistan-i-Jauhar areas of the metropolis.

مشاركة:

مقالات ذات صلة

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤