📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,129,353 مقال 408 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 3,873 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ ثانية

Clean Marines: Soldiers ordered to shave for King's parade despite rules allowing Commandos to have sculpted beard

سياسة
Daily Mail
2026/08/17 - 16:36 502 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

By CAMERON CHARTERS and MARK NICOL, DEFENCE EDITOR Published: 17:36, 17 August 2026 | Updated: 17:42, 17 August 2026 Royal Marines Commandos were ordered to be clean shaven for a parade in front of Ki...

The order to remove facial hair came on June 5 when the King presented flags known as the Colours to 40, 42, 43 and 45 Commando at Windsor Castle.

Despite the Ministry of Defence (MOD) relaxing regulations just last year to allow Commandos to have beards, the Daily Mail can reveal officers ordered their men to shave off their beards before appea...

هذا الخبر من Daily Mail. خبر يقدم أدوات ذكاء اصطناعي للتلخيص والترجمة والاستماع.

By CAMERON CHARTERS and MARK NICOL, DEFENCE EDITOR Published: 17:36, 17 August 2026 | Updated: 17:42, 17 August 2026 Royal Marines Commandos were ordered to be clean shaven for a parade in front of King Charles despite rules allowing the elite soldiers to have beards. The order to remove facial hair came on June 5 when the King presented flags known as the Colours to 40, 42, 43 and 45 Commando at Windsor Castle. Despite the Ministry of Defence (MOD) relaxing regulations just last year to allow Commandos to have beards, the Daily Mail can reveal officers ordered their men to shave off their beards before appearing before the King. Observers of the parade, including a former Royal Marines Lieutenant Colonel, noted that not one of the Commandos had any facial hair. Praising the no beards order, Lieutenant Colonel Ewen Southby-Tailyour wrote in the letters section of official journal of the Royal Marines the Globe and Laurel: ‘The Band was, as usual, superb and how wonderful it was to see not one scruffy beard beneath a white helmet.’ It was initially reported that the head of the Commandos, Sir Gwyn Jenkins the First Sea Lord and Commandant General Royal Marines gave the order, but a MOD spokeswoman insisted this was not the case. A Royal Navy spokeswoman said: 'The King's presentation of new colours to the Royal Marines in June this year was an historic and high-profile occasion that required immaculate presentation and uniformity across all ranks. 'Under Royal Navy dress regulations, when undertaking ceremonial or large public events, senior officers can order the alteration of facial hair.' King Charles III, who is Captain General Royal Marines, during the ceremony for the presentation of New Colours to the 40, 42, 43 and 45 Commando Royal Marines, at Windsor An MOD source said that Sir Gwyn did not make the order but that it was made on the day unit commanders. In 2024, the MOD began to allow recruits to keep their facial hair, but Commandos were not allowed to have a beard until last January. According to military rules all beards and moustaches must connect and be cut off the neck and cheek, with bristles full bodied and grown to a length between 2.5mm and 25.5mm. However, officers retain the power to order soldiers to shave their beards off if they believe it is appropriate according to rules in the dress regulations for large public engagements. However, officers cannot order beards to be shaved off if a soldier says his facial hair is part of his religion. Before 2024, Britain’s special forces such as the SAS, were allowed to have facial hair. The ceremony which the King presided over in June saw the Colours bearing his Royal Cypher presented to four commando units at the same time which had never happened before. Colours are of great significance to soldiers as they represent the history of a regiment and were historically carried into battle to act as marker points on a battlefield.
المصدر: Daily Mail | Source: Daily Mail

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة Daily Mail. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by Daily Mail. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن سياسة | More on Politics

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم سياسة. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: Daily Mail. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of Politics. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: Daily Mail. Tags: Iran, diplomacy, detention.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free