Boy, 16, is seriously injured in machete attack as police appeal to public for help after recovering CCTV and phone footage
✨ AI Summary
🔊 جاري الاستماع
By PATRICK HARRINGTON, UK NEWS REPORTER Published: 14:02, 24 May 2026 | Updated: 14:06, 24 May 2026 A 16-year-old boy was left with serious slash wounds to his face and chest after a 'horrific' machete attack by a pair on a moped. Police are appealing for the public's help in identifying those involved in the incident in Dudley on Saturday afternoon. The boy was walking along Duncan Edwards Close just before 2pm when he was approached by the moped duo, police said. They launched a brutal attack on him and then fled the area. He was taken to hospital where he underwent surgery, with an air ambulance spotted at the scene, and remains in a serious but stable condition. West Midlands Police said it has recovered CCTV and mobile phone footage, but are asking for further help in tracking down and arresting the suspects. Extra patrols were allocated to the area on Saturday. Det Insp Joe Davenport, from our Major Crime Unit, said: 'This was an horrific attack in the middle of the day and it could easily have resulted in this boy losing his life. Police are appealing for the public's help after a 16-year-old boy was seriously injured in a machete attack 'We’ve been working tirelessly since then to understand exactly what happened, and who was responsible, and I’d urge anyone with information to get in touch with as soon as possible.' Anyone with information can submit it to the force via this link: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/20HQ26C06-PO1. In addition to the web page, you can also contact police on 101, quoting log 2561 of May 23. No comments have so far been submitted. Why not be the first to send us your thoughts, or debate this issue live on our message boards. By posting your comment you agree to our house rules. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual We will automatically post your comment and a link to the news story to your Facebook timeline at the same time it is posted on MailOnline. To do this we will link your MailOnline account with your Facebook account. We’ll ask you to confirm this for your first post to Facebook. You can choose on each post whether you would like it to be posted to Facebook. Your details from Facebook will be used to provide you with tailored content, marketing and ads in line with our Privacy Policy.





