By ASHLEY NICKEL, NEWS REPORTER, AUSTRALIA Published: 15:57, 17 August 2026 | Updated: 16:10, 17 August 2026 The head of one of Australia's largest container shipping companies has stepped down from the logistics giant after being called out for inappropriate text messages. Arthur Tzaneros, the chief executive of ACFS Port Logistics, announced his resignation on Monday following leaked messages he sent on WhatsApp on Friday. The texts, made in an old boys group chat of more than 100 Scots College alumni, attempted to downplay an ongoing rape investigation involving teenage students that has rocked the prestigious school. Three students from the elite all-boys school in Sydney's east are accused of attacking a 14-year-old girl in a Bondi alleyway on July 22. The teenagers were arrested on Thursday, August 13, and were granted conditional bail to return to children's court on August 25. Two boys, aged 13 and 14, were each charged with aggravated sexual assault in company and two counts of aggravated sexual touching of another person. A third boy, aged 14, was charged with one count of aggravated sexual assault in company and one count of aggravated sexual touching of another person. Mr Tzaneros on Friday messaged the group chat: 'Before anyone jumps to conclusions, this is no Skaf case.' Arthur Tzaneros (centre) stepped down as CEO of ACFS Port Logistics on Monday He commented on the scandal at Scots College that has sent shockwaves through the exclusive Bellevue Hill school, which charges fees of more than $50,000 for Year 12 students His comment appeared to reference the case of brothers Mohammed and Bilal Skaf, a pair of serial rapists who attacked several Sydney women and girls in 2000. Mr Tzaneros suggested the alleged 14-year-old victim was a 'willing participant' and described the three accused as 'deads***s', the Sydney Morning Herald reported. In a statement to business partners on Monday, seen by the Australian Financial Review, Mr Tzaneros apologised for the messages. 'On Friday, I made comments on a private WhatsApp group about a serious and sensitive situation that's currently in the news,' he said. 'I deeply regret what I said, and for showing a complete lack of sensitivity to that situation. 'There is no excuse. I hope that by stepping aside, I am removing this behaviour from consideration of ACFS's day-to-day operations.' Mr Tzaneros's father, Terry, will take over his position. He is stepping down as ACFS Port Logistics, founded by Terry and Arthur in December 2005, is set to hit the auction block after entering voluntary administration and receivership on August 6 with multimillion-dollar debts. Mr Tzaneros (above) suggested the alleged 14-year-old victim was a 'willing participant' and described the three accused as 'deads***s' He sent messages to a group chat of former Scots College (above) students to downplay the alleged assault of the 14-year-old girl by three students The shipping firm went into administration owing $60million to the Australian Taxation Office. Receivers for ACFS Port Logistics will likely seek to sell off the company and its assets to pay off the debt. Salea Advisory was appointed as its administrators, and Andrew Sallway and Duncan Clubb of BDO appointed as receivers by ScotPac. Meanwhile, the investigation involving Scots students is ongoing. In a separate development, school principal Dr Ian Lambert said in an email to parents on Sunday that a number of boys had been charged with threatening the students accused of attacking the girl. Five boys, aged between 13 and 17, were arrested at a home on Lancaster Road, Dover Heights, about 3.45pm on Saturday. The group had allegedly thrown eggs at a home and were taken to Surry Hills Police Station. Only one of the boys was charged, a 17-year-old, with breach of bail and custody of knife in public place. Principal Dr Ian Lambert also revealed a 'number of people' have been arrested after allegedly threatening three Scots College students accused of attacking the girl Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.
المصدر: Daily Mail
| Source: Daily Mail
ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note:
نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة Daily Mail.
خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي.
نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق.
هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.
This article was originally published by Daily Mail.
Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086).
We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking.
Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.