By NATASHA ANDERSON, US SENIOR NEWS REPORTER Published: 18:52, 22 August 2026 | Updated: 18:53, 22 August 2026 An internet star announced that he and his husband were forced out of their Florida home after recently losing his job, only for a very different picture to subsequently emerge. Connor Copic, 31, claimed he was fired on Monday and was given ten days to move out of the apartment in Davenport, near Orlando, that he shares with his husband, Kelvin Pereira, and their pets. Copic and Pereira, 29, in a now-deleted TikTok, told their more than 154,000 followers that they wanted to be 'raw, open and honest' about their 'difficult' situation. 'Sadly, I was let go from my job,' said Copic, who works in property management. 'I lived where I worked,' he added. 'So not only did I lose my job and my income, but we also lost our home.' Copic told their followers that the couple knows they will get through this, with Pereira echoing that 'as long as we're together, we'll be fine.' The property manager, claiming the couple are always transparent with their online community, urged their fans to follow their along as they house and job hunt. But Copic failed to disclose that just three months ago he was arrested over an alleged scheme to defraud the real estate company he worked for in 2025, according to court records obtained by the Daily Mail. Kelvin Pereira (left) and Connor Copic (right) took to TikTok Monday to announce to their more than 154,000 followers that they had been forced out of their home after Copic lost his job The influencer shared photos of himself enjoying lavish activities with Pereira, like taking a trip to Disney World, but was allegedly stealing deposit checks from his now former employer Copic was charged with fraud, cashing counterfeit checks and grand theft in the third-degree, the filings show. He has not yet entered a plea. Copic is accused of embezzling $17,412 from his former employer Weston 4Hundred Apartments between March and June 2025, according to an arrest affidavit. He allegedly deposited 34 money orders into his personal bank account that were intended to serve as lease deposits for new building residents, the filing said. He would instruct new residents to leave the payable section blank on the money order so he could later fill in his own name, the affidavit alleged. He then would credit the residents' account to make them 'look flush,' Copic admitted during a May 21, 2026 interview with Kissimmee police, the filing showed. Copic told police that he deposited the money orders into a joint checking account that had been opened with an ex-boyfriend, according to the affidavit. The ex, whom Copic alleged did not have access to the bank account, has not been named and is not accused of any wrongdoing. The property manager turned influencer allegedly told detectives that he carried out the scheme while he was having a 'really tough time' due to 'crippling debt' allegedly caused by his ex. The court documents, which list Copic's annual salary as $72,800, do not specify the extent of the alleged debt he faced. Copic, 31, was arrested in May over an alleged scheme to defraud the real estate company he worked for in 2025, according to court records. He was charged with fraud, cashing counterfeit checks and grand theft in the third-degree and has not yet entered a plea Copic is accused of embezzling $17,412 from his former employer Weston 4Hundred Apartments between March and June 2025, according to an arrest affidavit Copic was sued in small claims court by Galaxy International Purchasing, LLC in June 2025 over an outstanding credit card balance of $1,909.35, a civil complaint showed. The firm, which purchases charged-off consumer debt from original lenders, voluntarily dismissed the case in August after attempts to serve Copic with court summons failed, court filing showed. Copic told Kissimmee police that he believes he made the first fraudulent deposit in March 2025 and claims the scheme ended on May 30 that year after he ceased employment at Weston 4Hundred, the affidavit said. He said his actions were 'dumb,' the recording officer wrote. Copic reportedly shared that after he embezzled once, he saw that it 'benefited him a lot.' He allegedly believed he could make a few more deposits without any issue but told detectives he 'did too much,' the affidavit said. Copic told detectives that he believed 'honesty was the best policy' and was 'very apologetic for his action,' the filing states. Police offered him to complete a letter of apology, which he allegedly chose to do. The Daily Mail was not able to verify the contents of the letter as it was not included in the publicly available court filings. Copic's scheme unraveled this year after the new property manager at Weston 4Hundred noticed accounting discrepancies, the affidavit said. He was formally charged with three felonies – scheme to defraud, uttering a forged instrument and grand theft – on May 28. He was arrested and released on a bond. He has been barred from returning to Weston 4Hundred or contacting any of the victims of his alleged crime. Copic and Pereira rose to internet stardom after posting cutesy couple videos online about their life as newlyweds. The pair share funny sketches, intimate embraces and recreate popular trends on the TikTok platform. The couple went viral this week after announcing that Copic lost his job at the Apex Posner Park apartment complex where they currently live. It is unclear when Copic began his employment at Apex Posner Park, but a change of address notice filed with the court on June 19 indicates he moved in to the complex around that time. The pair's video did not state the reason for Copic's firing but social media users were quick to baselessly allege the ousting was connected to his case. Pereira, rushing to his husband's defense in a post on X, said: 'Connor was never convicted of the charges that were brought up to him and that wasn't the solely reason that he was let go.' Copic this week shared claimed he was fired by his most recent employer, Apex Posner Park apartments, and was given ten days to move out of the unit in Davenport, near Orlando, that he shares with his husband and their pets The accused fraudster, filming as he walked through the complex to return his work laptop and keys, said on Wednesday that the couple had been met with an outpour of 'love and support' in the wake of their latest life update He alleged the couple are not at liberty to discuss the matter in detail, citing the 'ongoing investigation.' Pereira claimed Copic's employer 'decided to let him go, but they parted ways in good terms.' He then defended their now-deleted TikTok announcing the situation. 'He cannot discuss about it and we never made a post asking for money or any of that. We lost everything and we are restarting, and that's what the post is,' Pereira said. He added that he knew the charges against Copic would eventually become public but claimed: 'We got nothing left to lose because of this. We're starting from zero.' Copic addressed the situation in a vlog-style video posted to his Instagram account on Wednesday. The accused fraudster, filming as he walked through the complex to return his work laptop and keys, said that the couple had been met with an outpour of 'love and support' in the wake of the video. 'I cannot believe how many people are reaching out with opportunities and offers that are local to the Orlando area, so thank you so much. 'I thought I would turn this into a fun vlog for as long as I am unemployed. Technically today is day three, but we'll lump one, two and three together. It was all a traumatic 72 hours. He added: 'It's all good. We're going to figure it out - and now we get to go apartment hunting for the rest of the day with Kelvin, so let's go.' Copic has since removed the video from his page. The influencer took a break from his 'trauma' on Wednesday to share a clip of him unboxing a $1,200 speaker gifted to him by a technology company, before smooching his husband while dancing to its music. Copic's attorney declined to comment on the case. Copic, Pereira, Weston 4Hundred and Apex Posner Park did not respond to the Daily Mail's request for comment.
المصدر: Daily Mail
| Source: Daily Mail