📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,131,071 مقال 408 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 3,984 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ ثانية

Alan Jones accuser grilled in court as he admits to sending lewd text to 'curry favour' with radio titan

أخبار محلية
Daily Mail
2026/08/18 - 05:38 504 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

By ADELAIDE LANG FOR AUSTRALIAN ASSOCIATED PRESS Published: 06:37, 18 August 2026 | Updated: 06:38, 18 August 2026 A former radio station staffer denied trying to titillate Alan Jones in an explicit t...

He is one of six men who allege Jones kissed, groped or subjected them to sexual misconduct between 2003 and 2020 across Sydney and the NSW Southern Highlands.

The 85-year-old former radio host has pleaded not guilty to 22 charges of indecent assault and sexual touching without consent, eight of which relate to the former radio station staffer.

هذا الخبر من Daily Mail. خبر يقدم أدوات ذكاء اصطناعي للتلخيص والترجمة والاستماع.

By ADELAIDE LANG FOR AUSTRALIAN ASSOCIATED PRESS Published: 06:37, 18 August 2026 | Updated: 06:38, 18 August 2026 A former radio station staffer denied trying to titillate Alan Jones in an explicit text about his genitals, telling the court he was trying to 'curry favour' with the longtime shock jock. He is one of six men who allege Jones kissed, groped or subjected them to sexual misconduct between 2003 and 2020 across Sydney and the NSW Southern Highlands. The 85-year-old former radio host has pleaded not guilty to 22 charges of indecent assault and sexual touching without consent, eight of which relate to the former radio station staffer. The man, who was 18 years old when he met Jones, claims Jones repeatedly kissed him without consent in a lift at his home and workplace, and groped him in a car and at an event. He was cross-examined on Tuesday about texts he sent to the veteran broadcaster after the alleged indecent assaults, some of which expressed love for Jones and sent kisses.  The former radio station staffer had previously insisted he had only replied to intimate messages from Jones. But when pressed, he accepted that he had sparked some of the exchanges.  In one text, he told the former Wallabies coach he was a bachelor again and referenced his genitals with a nickname they both used. A former radio station staffer has denied trying to titillate Alan Jones in an explicit text message about his genitals, telling the court he was trying to 'curry favour' with the longtime shock jock  'Do you accept this is regular banter?' Jones's lawyer Gabrielle Bashir SC asked.  'Banter is a loose word,' the former radio station staffer replied.  'I sent that because I knew he would like it.' He denied that the message was inconsistent with his allegations of being repeatedly indecently assaulted by Jones. When asked if he had sent the message to titillate the former radio host, the younger man said he 'wouldn't use that word'. 'I certainly felt like it was a way of currying favour with him,' he told the court.   The former radio station staffer previously told the court he felt pressured to continue to engage with Jones because he was 'the most powerful person in Australia' at the time. He said he was intimidated by Jones and scared of what he might do if he did not get the responses he sought.  He is one of six men who allege Jones kissed, groped or subjected them to sexual misconduct between 2003 and 2020 across Sydney and the NSW Southern Highlands The former radio station staffer accepted that he had been untruthful in messages with Jones but insisted it was how he felt he needed to talk to Jones at the time.  'You were prepared to lie to Alan Jones, weren't you?' Ms Bashir asked him. 'If it kept him on side, yes, I spoke to him in a way that was untrue,' he said. He testified on Monday to reporting the abuse to fellow 2GB host Ray Hadley, only to swear Jones's on-air rival to secrecy. Hadley put the staffer in touch with journalist Peter FitzSimons, who was researching similar allegations about Jones, the court was told. Jones's barrister has accused the former staffer of rewriting history. Her client has denied each allegation against him, which are said to have occurred during the latter part of his 35-year broadcasting career, when he dominated Sydney's airwaves. He also broadcast to a national audience for years as a regular commentator on Nine's Today show and as a host of a political discussion show on Sky News. Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.
المصدر: Daily Mail | Source: Daily Mail

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة Daily Mail. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by Daily Mail. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن أخبار محلية | More on Local News

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم أخبار محلية. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: Daily Mail. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of Local News. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: Daily Mail. Tags: Melbourne, train delays, accident, news.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free