Boy, 12, charged after bomb threat forces shoppers to evacuate Bunnings in Newstead, Brisbane
✨ AI Summary
🔊 جاري الاستماع
Published: 02:36, 20 May 2026 | Updated: 02:37, 20 May 2026 A 12-year-old boy has been hit with a raft of serious charges after shoppers in a Bunnings store were evacuated due to a bomb threat. The boy, who cannot be identified, was charged with one count each of bomb hoax and using a carriage service to menace, harass or intimidate. He was dealt with under the provisions of the Youth Justice Act. It comes after police were called to the Bunnings Newstead store in Brisbane on Tuesday morning following reports of a threat. Customers were evacuated and diversions were put in place. A nearby street was also closed while officers conducted sweeps of the facility. Firefighters were also seen entering the store, while customers stood outside the entrance, the Courier Mail reports. Police said no suspicious items were located during the search. A 12-year-old boy was charged with making a bomb threat after a Bunnings store in Brisbane was evacuated on Tuesday A nearby street was also closed while officers conducted sweeps of the facility (stock image) 'Officers attended at 8:35am and as a precaution, evacuated the building while sweeps of the facility took place,' Queensland Police said in a statement. 'No suspicious items were located and there is no further information to indicate there is a threat to the public.' Bunnings Regional Manager Alysha Hayes confirmed to the Daily Mail that emergency services had been deployed to the scene. 'The safety of our team members and customers is our top priority,' she said. 'We can confirm emergency services were at our Newstead store yesterday. As this is a police matter, won't comment further at this time.' The store has now reopened for trading. Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.





